Career Opportunities at the Community Health Center
Community Health Physician
The Community Health Center in Cowley County is currently seeking a full-time Family Practice Physician. Federally Qualified Health Center designated. National Health Service Corps student loan forgiveness program available. Clinic setting. Highly collaborative environment. Regular daytime schedule. Benefits include: health, dental and retirement. Must be a M.D. or D.O. from an accredited educational institution. Send CV attention to CHCCC Chief Executive Officer, P.O. Box 643, Winfield, KS, 67156 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. EOE.
Community Health Physician Job Description
POSITION SUMMARY Under the supervision of the Medical Director, the Physician in this position provides direct and appropriate clinical care and treatment to patients in specialty areas as assigned. The employee in this position is responsible for and held accountable for maintaining patient/client confidentiality. PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILTIES Achieve Results
- Directly affect improvements in patient well-being through accurate and timely diagnosis and delivery of relevant, high quality medical care. Ensure the delivery of competent, accurate, medical care and treatment to all patients as assigned.
- Provide leadership and direction to non-physician clinic staff. Effect overall clinic results. Meet or exceed all measurable standards of care, including overall clinical, quality, and productivity goals.
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency, and appropriate confidentiality with patient charting and related recordkeeping and administrative functions as assigned.
- Participates in the organization’s quality improvement initiatives. Collaborates to ensure metrics for clinical outcomes are consistently reviewed, and that the organization is provided clear guidance and direction affecting ongoing improvements in the quality of care. Preforms various duties to support patient centered medical home transformation.
- Ensure the delivery of all medical treatment and care is consistent with all regulatory, accreditation, and professional standards, including clinical policies and quality initiatives.
- Understand and ensure all practices and procedures related to the delivery of medical services are consistent with contracted protocols and procedures.
- Develop and ensure favorable relationships with all patients and their families. Achieve commitments from patients to adhere to an effective plan of care, and ensure all patient services are delivered in a caring and professional manner.
- Develop and ensure favorable relationships with vendors, contractors and payor sources.
- Develop and ensure ongoing, positive relationships and collaboration with other physicians, nurses, administrative and clinic operations staff. Ensure the success of each clinic operation through collaborative support and working relationships with all clinic operations staff.
Professionalism & Stewardship
- Ensure all actions, job performance, personal conduct and communications represent the organization in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Uphold and ensure compliance and attention to all corporate policies and procedures as well as the overall mission and values of the organization.
PRIMARY TASKS & DUTIES
- Comprehensive physical assessment; evaluating, diagnosing, and treating new and existing patient’s medical conditions.
- Initiating and interpreting labs and x-ray studies including CTs & MRIs.
- Performing medical procedures.
- Prescribing and referring patients for specialized consultation.
- Write/Dictate progress notes on patients’ charts indicating patient status and treatment procedures performed.
- Conducting follow-up patient care.
- Providing health education to patients and families.
- Supervising and/or coordinating the activities of patient care and support staff within the clinic.
- Teaching and training illness prevention.
- Actively participate in community health education.
- Performing emergency life-saving procedures in cases such as cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest, massive hemorrhage, or similar emergencies.
- Are among front line medical providers in emergency disaster services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/KEY COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrate a high level of skill at building relationships and customer service.
- Demonstrate interpersonal savvy and influence skills in managing difficult clients and patients.
- Demonstrate high degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of medicine and associated charting requirements.
- Requisite skills and ability to perform certain medical tasks as assigned
- Demonstrate a high level of problem solving skill to better serve patients and staff.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to utilize computers for data entry and information retrieval.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to implement, and evaluate operational and administrative processes.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS Education
- M.D. or D.O. from an accredited educational institution.
- Licensed to practice medicine in Kansas as assigned.
- Demonstrated expertise in relevant medical practices, protocol, trends and best practices in clinical areas assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in effecting overall clinical operations.
- Experience/Knowledge of JCAHO accreditation process and requirements, as well as all federal, state and local regulations and standards associated with the delivery of care in a community health center environment.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and emergency situations successfully
- Proficiency in knowledge of office management, use of computer, software packages, and office machines
- Occasional lifting of 40 – 50 lbs and pushing of 5-20 lbs
- Sitting, standing and walking approximately 80% of the time
- A medium to high level of manual dexterity required
- Bending and reaching approximately 20% of the time
- Normal accessibility and mobility throughout the region required
- Normal overtime/extended work hours
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License; use of personal automobile and certificate of liability insurance from automobile insurer.