Career Opportunities at the Community Health Center
Community Health Physician
The Community Health Center in Cowley County is currently seeking a full-time Family Practice Physician. Federally Qualified Health Center designated. National Health Service Corps student loan forgiveness program available. Clinic setting. Highly collaborative environment. Regular daytime schedule. Benefits include: health, dental and retirement. Must be a M.D. or D.O. from an accredited educational institution. Send CV attention to CHCCC Chief Executive Officer, P.O. Box 643, Winfield, KS, 67156 or email email@example.com. Position open until filled. EOE.
Community Health Physician Job Description
POSITION SUMMARY Under the supervision of the Medical Director, the Physician in this position provides direct and appropriate clinical care and treatment to patients in specialty areas as assigned. The employee in this position is responsible for and held accountable for maintaining patient/client confidentiality. PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILTIES Achieve Results
- Directly affect improvements in patient well-being through accurate and timely diagnosis and delivery of relevant, high quality medical care. Ensure the delivery of competent, accurate, medical care and treatment to all patients as assigned.
- Provide leadership and direction to non-physician clinic staff. Effect overall clinic results. Meet or exceed all measurable standards of care, including overall clinical, quality, and productivity goals.
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency, and appropriate confidentiality with patient charting and related recordkeeping and administrative functions as assigned.
- Participates in the organization’s quality improvement initiatives. Collaborates to ensure metrics for clinical outcomes are consistently reviewed, and that the organization is provided clear guidance and direction affecting ongoing improvements in the quality of care. Preforms various duties to support patient centered medical home transformation.
- Ensure the delivery of all medical treatment and care is consistent with all regulatory, accreditation, and professional standards, including clinical policies and quality initiatives.
- Understand and ensure all practices and procedures related to the delivery of medical services are consistent with contracted protocols and procedures.
- Develop and ensure favorable relationships with all patients and their families. Achieve commitments from patients to adhere to an effective plan of care, and ensure all patient services are delivered in a caring and professional manner.
- Develop and ensure favorable relationships with vendors, contractors and payor sources.
- Develop and ensure ongoing, positive relationships and collaboration with other physicians, nurses, administrative and clinic operations staff. Ensure the success of each clinic operation through collaborative support and working relationships with all clinic operations staff.
Professionalism & Stewardship
- Ensure all actions, job performance, personal conduct and communications represent the organization in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Uphold and ensure compliance and attention to all corporate policies and procedures as well as the overall mission and values of the organization.
PRIMARY TASKS & DUTIES
- Comprehensive physical assessment; evaluating, diagnosing, and treating new and existing patient’s medical conditions.
- Initiating and interpreting labs and x-ray studies including CTs & MRIs.
- Performing medical procedures.
- Prescribing and referring patients for specialized consultation.
- Write/Dictate progress notes on patients’ charts indicating patient status and treatment procedures performed.
- Conducting follow-up patient care.
- Providing health education to patients and families.
- Supervising and/or coordinating the activities of patient care and support staff within the clinic.
- Teaching and training illness prevention.
- Actively participate in community health education.
- Performing emergency life-saving procedures in cases such as cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest, massive hemorrhage, or similar emergencies.
- Are among front line medical providers in emergency disaster services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/KEY COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrate a high level of skill at building relationships and customer service.
- Demonstrate interpersonal savvy and influence skills in managing difficult clients and patients.
- Demonstrate high degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of medicine and associated charting requirements.
- Requisite skills and ability to perform certain medical tasks as assigned
- Demonstrate a high level of problem solving skill to better serve patients and staff.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to utilize computers for data entry and information retrieval.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to implement, and evaluate operational and administrative processes.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS Education
- M.D. or D.O. from an accredited educational institution.
- Licensed to practice medicine in Kansas as assigned.
- Demonstrated expertise in relevant medical practices, protocol, trends and best practices in clinical areas assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in effecting overall clinical operations.
- Experience/Knowledge of JCAHO accreditation process and requirements, as well as all federal, state and local regulations and standards associated with the delivery of care in a community health center environment.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and emergency situations successfully
- Proficiency in knowledge of office management, use of computer, software packages, and office machines
- Occasional lifting of 40 – 50 lbs and pushing of 5-20 lbs
- Sitting, standing and walking approximately 80% of the time
- A medium to high level of manual dexterity required
- Bending and reaching approximately 20% of the time
- Normal accessibility and mobility throughout the region required
- Normal overtime/extended work hours
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License; use of personal automobile and certificate of liability insurance from automobile insurer.
The Community Health Center in Cowley County has a full-time opening for a Registered Nurse. Bilingual in Spanish Preferred. Primary Care setting. Consistent daytime schedule. Highly collaborative environment. Case management and telehealth responsibilities. Benefits include: health, dental and retirement. Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and have a valid Kansas Nursing License. Send resume attention to Chief Executive Officer, P.O. Box 643, Winfield, KS, 67156 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Position Open until filled. EOE.
Community Health Registered Nurse Job Description
Under the supervision of the Chief Operations Officer and the Chief Medical Officer, the Registered Nurse in this position preforms duties in various programs and provides direct clinical support to the Physician and PA/NP. The nurse in this position is distinguished by the level of responsibility assumed, complexity of duties assigned and by the independence of action taken. Employees at this level are required to be fully trained in all procedures related to assigned clinical duties. The purpose of this position is to provide general nursing care and leadership, working collaboratively with physicians and multidisciplinary team members. The R.N. will promote and restore patient’s health as they prescribe, provide, delegate, evaluate and coordinate comprehensive professional nursing care through the use of the nursing process for patients of all ages, gender, cultures, and background; provide physical and psycho-social support to patients, friends, and families. The nurse may be from time to time responsible for the coordination of student nursing staff and clinic volunteers. The employee in this position is responsible for and held accountable for maintaining patient/client confidentiality.
EXAMPLES OF WORK (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – NOT ALL ITEMS MAY BE PERFORMED BY ANY GIVEN INCUMBENT)
- Participates in health clinics; KAN Be Healthy Assessments, Prenatal Risk Reduction Assessments, school screening services; coordinates the prevention and control of communicable disease,; perform diagnostic screening tests including collection of lab specimens; give prescribed treatments and immunizations; lead assessments; chart patient information; maintain clinic log; make referrals; provide breast feeding education and promotion; assist individuals and families in carrying out recommendations made by their physicians.
- Schedules and directs the activities of student nursing staff.
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends Quality Assurance program policy and procedures to Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Assists in assuring that all standing orders are kept current;
- Assess, plan, direct and evaluate total nursing care as determined by the patient’s age related physical, psychosocial, and cultural needs in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures of the Community Health Center.
- Provides case management by being a patient advocate, resource and contact person for patients.
- Provides basic education information to patients and family, focusing on self-care appropriate to their age and identified learning considerations and needs.
- Performs assessment data collection and documents subjective data (chief complaint and allergies) and objective data (vital signs/weight/etc.). Reviews basic health history information for patients; focusing on environmental, self-care and clinic discharge planning.
- Administers medications and intravenous solutions skillfully and correctly, and performs lab/diagnostic testing as ordered by provider and reports all critical lab values immediately.
- Demonstrates an ability to remain calm, perform effectively and professionally during peak periods of activity and emergency situations.
- Anticipates and prepares examination room with equipment and supplies required for the visit. Assists provider with examination and procedures per request.
- Utilizes universal precautions in obtaining specimens (venipuncture, cultures, etc.) and in delivery of patient care. Performs lab testing (i.e. urine dip, pregnancy test, strep screen, hemacue) including quality controls and maintains all laboratory/diagnostic test logs.
- Performs efficiently in stressful situations, seeking guidance, informing appropriate persons and documenting events.
- Assures all clinic equipment is maintained in a safe and functioning manner;
- Assures safety of biologicals by maintaining temperature logs on refrigerator;
- Assure accuracy of test results by running appropriate controls as needed;
- Assists in assuring compliance with OSHA’s Occupational Exposure to Blood borne pathogen standards;
- Assures adequate supply of nursing supplies, lab supplies, and clean linens are all on hand for delivery of services; informs the Chief Financial Officer of supply needs;
- Serves as liaison to the public health department for reportable communicable diseases;
- Participates in educational activities by attending conferences, meetings and workshops to keep informed in all FQHC programs and procedures with the approval of the Chief Medical Officer; when appropriate;
- Provides up-dated information received at meetings and workshops to all applicable staff (not attending) as soon as possible;
- Participates in the hiring of nursing staff; performs training and evaluation of nursing staff per agency policies and procedures.
- Preforms duties in various programs including participation in quality assurance and improvement program, and patient centered medical home transformation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
STAFF NURSE, POSITION REQUIREMENTS
EXPERIENCE: Previous appropriate experience is a factor in selection of the Registered Nurse. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job satisfactorily after probationary period.
EDUCATION: A Registered Nurse with a Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) degree or academic public health preparation is preferred, however, prior experience may be considered.
SKILLS: Thorough knowledge of all program operations and procedures. Good management skills. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to manage emotions and anxiety. Ability to operate all equipment used in performing nursing services. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Problem solving is a factor in this position. Problems include student nursing staff management and scheduling, recommending program policies and procedures for student nursing staff guidance and equipment malfunctions.
DECISION MAKING: Decision making is a factor in this position. Decisions include determine program policies and procedures, student nursing staff scheduling and making decision of referral to help with client needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Responsible to assess nursing supply and equipment needs and bring them to the attention of the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Financial Officer. Employee is responsible for reading, knowing and following policies, procedures and protocols for the Health Center and guidelines in manuals dealing with specific programs as assigned.
Private Health Information: Protected Health Information or PHI means any information (including demographic information collected from an individual), whether oral or recorded in any form or medium.
This position requires regular access to protected health information. The Registered Nurse in this position requires complete access to all PHI that is necessary to carry out vital job functions as outlined in this description. The nurse is obligated to divulge the minimum necessary PHI to carry out essential functions of the position.
This position requires the employee to sign a confidentiality agreement as all programs under the Community Health Center are required to be HIPAA compliant.
PERSONAL RELATIONS: Continual contact with other county agencies, state health department staff, local medical professionals, and the general public. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the community and fellow employees.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Adverse weather, infectious wastes and possible exposure to communicable diseases are factors in this position. Physical effort is required. The employee in this position must be able to meet deadlines under excess pressure.
PHYSICAL ABILITY: Ability to walk, bend, stoop, reach, lift fifty (50) pounds and access steps to porches and second stories when providing services to clients of all ages in the community. Ability to express or exchange thoughts and ideas by means of verbal communication. Conveying and receiving detailed important verbal instruction to and from other workers and the general public. Ability to operate personal automobile, due to services being provided at various sites in the county, as well as, the need to attend job-related in-services and workshops held throughout the state.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Valid Kansas Drivers License, use of personal automobile and certificate of liability insurance from automobile insurer.